RI的明年中一怎样分班的?有没有gifted class?
发表于 22-12-2016 15:14:22|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
有没有前辈知道RI往年是怎样分班的?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-12-2016 15:37:55|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
From Kiasu:

1. Generally about 15 classes in RI for each batch (1A, 1B, 1C, etc till 1Q, same class for Year 2, 2A, 2B, 2C, etc till 2Q). Omit alphabets N and O (i.e. no classes such as 1N, 1O, 2N, 2O). You can safely assume an average of 30 boys in a class. Total cohort is about 450 per batch. But there are some years when the school will take in slightly more students (i.e. Dragon Year etc). All classrooms are air-conditioned (FYI).

2. 1A (and therefore 2A because the boys are generally in the same class for the first 2 years) is sometimes called the Sports Class or DSA Class. It is a usual practice to group/put the DSA boys in the same class (i.e. 1A/2A) so that the teachers/school can better cater to their needs. I have no qualms with the DSA boys and definitely do not perceive them as lazy boys, weaker boys or slower boys etc... But a handful of them are generally weaker in their academics. Having them in the same class would mean that the teachers can help them easier by conducting remedials (or slower teaching pace in class). Imagine if they are everywhere, in all different classes. A bit more difficult to really help them. Note: RI do conduct additional classes/remedials for the weaker students. I personally taught the boys (All levels, Year 1 to Year 4 in 2009) during the September holidays to help them cope with the EOYs.

3. 1B to 1H (7 classes) are the non-GEP classes. 1I to 1Q (7 classes) are the GEP classes. Results (for Math) from the latter are generally better. For us teachers, it is pretty obvious which are the GEP classes based on the class average score.

4. Do note that 3A and 4A are NOT the sport classes. The boys will be crossed mixed again into different classes from Year 3 onwards based on their subject combinations (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Humanities, etc). Every boy must take math and it is the only subject given a double weighage (from Year 3 onwards). (i.e. counted as two subjects Math 1 and Math 2). There are generally more classes (up from 15 to 17 or 18 ) from Year 3 onwards. Generally, this is so for 2 reasons, to cater to the different demands (for the different subject combinations) and some of the direct admission to Year 3 RP programme (i.e. more boys joining our programme).
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2020 11:49:53|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
RGS 怎么分班的呢? 他们S2一共12个班,按数字标的,不太明白。有明白人指教指教,先在此谢过!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2020 13:23:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
RGS做法和RI大致一样
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2020 14:04:19|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
Rgs 打乱分,不问不知道谁是DSA,谁是gep,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2020 14:32:36|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
第一年还是有的,只是不是说全班都是gep,是gep孩子多一些