最大的移民国--美国给留学生还开着就业的门;
英国的新政策则趋向保守--毕业后必须返回原居住国。
以后政策会不会变,无法预测。

但是,可以肯定的是,
莱佛士和南洋的质优生都具备冲击世界名牌大学的实力。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 08:20:03|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
道听途说的。仅供lz参考:我的孩子是男孩子,所以关心的是2所男校,但我想性质都差不多,如果你的孩子,1。自学能力强,2。英文比较突出(这个突出不是看psle成绩的,是语言方面的天分,gep的孩子可以直接参考平时的成绩),3。孩子的领导能力比较好,4。比较能说会道的。这样的孩子去ri,rgs会比较适合,尤其是第1点,应为听说那2校的老师没什么管学生的,几乎都是靠学生自己:lol,当然具备这4点去另外2所华校,孩子也会比较突出
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 10:03:13|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
弱弱的问问,入no1,2的学校条件是什么?比如学习成绩,住宅地址,还是赞助??谢谢了,本人虽在新多年,不过这方面还真不知道
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 10:30:30|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
抓阄吧~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 16:19:38|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
回复 cocaice2008 的帖子

一种凭成绩
另一种凭专长
不关钱的事儿
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 19:56:56|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
一个新加坡家长关于RGS和NYGH的心结,呵呵。我觉得其中有赌气的因素。。
---------
Like many have pointed out, for PSLE posting exercise, you can go with your heart because both RGS and NYGH have their own pros and cons.

For those whose children are not in GEP and is consdering the DSA application next year, I'd suggest you forget RGS. For those who have accepted offer from NYGH via DSA and are now hesitating about appeal to RGS, I'd like to urge you to say "NO" to RGS just for justice.

I may be emotional to make such a call, but I'd like to share with all my daugher's experience and show the true face of RGS DSA exercise.

My daughter is an non-GEP P6 student in a good primary school with GEP classes. She has academically performed very well in her studies - always first in the level of her school since P4. Based on the tracking history of her school PSLE results, I thought that she had high choice to enter RGS or NYGH. Not confident in the DSA rate of RGS, before I suggested my daughter having a try at RGS, I emailed RGS to enquire its DSA rate for non-GEP students and got a very ambiguous answer like "we will try to offer as many DSA positions to students as we can". Impressed by RGS's boasting presentation in my duagher's school, we submitted the DSA application to RGS, followed by GAT (half applicants were chopped) and a whole-morning interaction program (even more are chopped) and finally the interview. As far as I know, my daughter was the only non-GEP student who was notified of the interview under the academic track in her class (there were other candiates under sports/CCA tracks).

To me, since the interview rate was so low, I thought my daughter had high chance to be offered. Happily, I applied another half day leave and accompanied my daughter to RGS again for the interview. The interview was arranged at 3pm, we haied a taxi and rushed there. However, we waited and and waited, her interview did not start until 4pm. about 30 minutes later, the inteviewees were dismissed and my daughter was satisfied with her own performance in the interview (I was confident too, as her presentation skill is very good). However, a reject letter reached us a week later... all turned to be an VALUED experience and waste of application fee, and my leave quotas.
My conclusion is that for non-GEP students, the DSA of RGS is like a show and not worth trying. of course, for GEP students, there is another story. they will have much high chance and the process is hassle-free.
So parents of GEP students, you can relax.

Luckily, NYGH has given her a DSA offer and her PSLE T-Score turned out to be top of her school, well above the RGS cut-off score, I am sure.
many friends asked me whether I would apeal to RGS for my daughter, and I've heard that last year, the runner-up of PSLE student appealed to RI (It's ok, as Chinese said, "Luo bo Qing Cai Ge You Suo Hao"). I said No.
First, academically, I do not see big differentce between RGS and NYGS. Instead, I've heard of several who entered RGS with high PSLE scores turned out average after fours' study there. secondly, I think RGS and RI have been spoilt by people's prejudice. Her DSA exrecise for non-GEP students demonstrated her arragance and in-depth inconfidency. Although they exercise an extra round of interaction during DSA exrecise than other schools, they are not confident in judging the students' capability and potential. Therefore, they choose to reject most of the non-GEP students and now, they provide a so-called Post-PSLE Supplementary Intake Exercise (Category 1) to call back the high-performers in the mainstraim. Superficially, it is only unfair to other schools, like NYGH, which takes risk to give DSA offers to non-GEP students, but in the long run, the DSA exercise of RGS is unfair to all the mainstream students. If we cannot unite to give RGS a lesson, the story of my daughter and her friends (remember she is not the only rejected) will continue year and year on.

I am happy to know, that most of the GEP girls in my daughter's school choose to go NYGH this year. Wish you good luck, NYGH.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 20:00:41|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
请问各位过来人,冷气教室是否真的很重要?因为新加坡办公室都是带冷气的,我很难想象不带冷气的教室是怎么样的?那么多学生挤在一起,靠电风扇吹风行否?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-12-2010 20:21:20|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
冷气不应该是考虑的因素之一。新加坡的小学大都没有冷气,可是吊扇可以使得教室足够通风和凉爽。在这两所学校中做选择主要应该考虑孩子对华文的兴趣,如果对华文没有兴趣就干脆选择RGS,RI,如果对华文有兴趣希望能多学一些中华文化就选南洋女中和华中。其他的科目方面,两所学校都足够强,不用担心。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表